PacSci EMC tests in a variable volume providing the means to record the following characteristics:
- Gas pressure required to initiate cartridge
- Gas pressure generated which drives a movable piston.
- Hydraulic fluid pressure that opposes the movement of the piston.
- The piston position during piston travel (stroke).
- The time required for the piston to force a fixed volume of fluid through an orifice.
TYPICAL TRACE WHEN FIRED AT 75°F +5°F
The unit is manufactured from aluminum alloy with an anodized finish. The pyrotechnic train includes redundant dual primer initiation to ensure ignition of the gas generant propellant. Input energy is ether from an ETL HE end fitting or electric detonator. The gas pressure produced is 500 psig minimum. Below are reference dimensions for the -23 gas generator. Each unit weighs approximately 0.50 lbs.