DIVERT ATTITUDE CONTROL SYSTEM (DACS)
Rapid Response. Precision Control. Propulsion Positioning.
DACS is a quick reaction propulsion system providing control over positions of missiles, satellites, and spacecraft. Regarding missiles, whether a ballistic measure, counter measure or defensive measure, DACS allows for interception of its target with greater accuracy and reliability.
Attitude control using small, solid propellant thrusters is a proven technology in several systems. Our DACS uses a thruster technology specially developed for rapid response and precision control and includes an electronic control architecture uniquely suited to short flights and precision timing. The system consists of a Smart BusController (SBC), a network firing bus, smart initiators, rocket motors, and a retention structure. The SBC is the command interface between the vehicle, with the SBC over a high speed link or may be embedded in the vehicle control electronics. The SBC permits firing of devices or rocket motors in any sequence, including simultaneous or batch firing and sequential firing. If different thruster impulses are present, the system can identify and selectively control them as well.
Our foray into pyrotechnic initiation control dates back to the development of airbag systems in automobiles. Since that time, along with further development, we have supplied high performance thrusters used on a wide array of systems for controlling vital maneuvers on programs such as Compact Kinetic Energy Missile (CKEV), Kinetic Energy Active Protection System (KEAPS), Mars Lander Program, Precision Guided Mortar Munitions (PGMM), Short Range Countermeasure (SRCM) and Long Range Countermeasure (LRCM).
- Unsurpassed flight heritage
- Solid propellant thrusters
- Very small, lightweight designs
- Full design, manufacture and test capability
- Class 10,000 clean room facilities
- Code fired with Smart Initiators/Detonators
- Interfacing between the SEATM network & conventional 1Amp/1Watt ordnance devices
- Excludes bulky cabling and heavy ordnance energy transfer lines/connector manifolds
- Minimizes controller connections improving reliability
- Single bus connection to controller
- Can incorporate extremely accurate time delay functions programmed in SEATM controller
- Cannot be fired by DC level
- No ground loop current during firing
- Faster ignition response time & repeatability
- Reduced ordnance controller size
- Ability to operate reliably between -65oF to +200oF
- Reduced risk to mission success
- Short development cycle
- Rapid prototype capability
- Compatibility with existing ordnance avionics systems and ordnance control functions
- Provides for Built-In-Test (BIT)
- Improves reliability and ensures mission success
- Eliminates heavy, separate ordnance batteries with no power surges
- Provides for mission/system expandability ease without hardware changes
- System controller electronics easily integrated into existing controllers
- Different types of SEATM devices may be freely intermixed
0.0005 N-s to 200 N-s
5 N to 8,000 N
100 µsec to 2 Seconds
Greater than 2%, 3 Sigma
10 µsec to 500 µsec
(Command to 10% Thrust)
Operational Temperature Range
-65 °F (-53.89 °C) to +200 °F (+93.33 °C)
Igniter Integrity, Fire Energy, Arm State and More
MILITARY AIRCRAFT EJECTION
Why use a canopy/transparency removal system?
When a military aircraft ejection is imminent, removing the canopy by jettison or fracturing is advisable to avoid the elevated levels of head and neck load on the aircrew member ejecting.
LET US HELP
Need more information or have a specific requirement you would like us to meet?
Contact us at the link below, or for immediate assistance call 888.995.5143.