Over 50 years of innovation in energetic materials: synthesis, chemical process, development and integration in end use items.
Plus over 30 chemical patents… we continue to innovate to meet future needs
PacSci EMC synthesizes primary, high explosive and specialty chemicals, performs powder blending and pyrotechnic compounding and conducts propellant mixing, casting and machining. In addition, our r & D team develops new energetic materials for a variety of applications including high-temperature, product improvement and green drop-in replacements for existing primary explosives.
The PacScie EMC chemistry facility is capable of receiving, analyzing, and performing safety testing along with fully documenting your projects which involve primary and secondary explosives.
With over 30 chemical patents to our name, we are an established and respected industry leader in providing environmentally responsible energetic materials to the industries we serve.
At our dedicated powder and propellant manufacturing facilities and our full service chemistry laboratories – all staffed by highly knowledgeable, quality-focused associates – we set new standards for energetic material research, development, characterization, and synthesis
Meeting Demands for the Future
- Extreme temperature capability: energetics meeting the extremely high temperatures in deep underground applications and extreme cold temperatures for deep space applications.
- Patented Green energetics providing the global need for environmentally responsible energetics.
- Fully integrated chemical analysis capabilities helping our chemists create the new and patented energetic materials needed to meet future applications demanded by the market.
- Full suite of chemical analysis capabilities available to drive your projects forward.
Over the past 50 years our energetics material expertise has been providing new and innovative energetic materials solutions in applications where no other solutions previously existed.
- Extreme temperature materials
- Complete materials characterization
- Organic & Inorganic Chemistry
- Primary explosives synthesis
- Dedicated Powder/Propellant Manufacturing Facility
- Lead Azide replacement: DBX-1
- Lead Styphnate replacement: KDNP
Full range of energy transfer lines: Rapid deflagrating cords, Detonating Cord, Flexible or Linear Shaped Charge, Heat Sensing Cord.
DBX-1 Lead Azide Replacement
KDNP Lead Styphnate Replacement
Energetic Material Research, Development, Characterization & Synthesis
MTX-1 Product Improvement for Tetrazene
Synthesis / Scale-up
Novel explosive materials
Specialty Chemical & High Explosive
Processing & Manufacturing
Complete Energetic Material Characterization
Chromatography / Purity
BET Surface Area
Particle Size Analysis
KF Water Analysis
Explosive Materials Compounding
Organic & Inorganic Chemistry
Primary Explosive Synthesis
Propellant Mixing, Casting & Machining
Powder and Propellant Manufacturing
Dedicated Associates to Ensure Process & Quality Control
Blending, Casting and Extrusion of Propellant/Formed Explosives
Full Range of Equipment for Blending, Inspecting, Testing and Evaluating Pyrotechnic Materials
Blending of Production Pyrotechnic Powders
Breakdown of Metal Powders For Use in Processing Powders
Grinding Oxidizers to Appropriate Particle Size
Maintaining Inventory and Proper Storage Conditions for Explosive
Performing Calorific Testing On Powders
Performing Average Particle Size Determination
Propellant Machining with 4-Bay Remote Controlled, CNC Lathe & Mill Cells (Video & CNC Control Equipment)