SMART TELEMETRY AND RELEASE SYSTEM (STARS™)
The low power, SEA sequencing system is capable of firing hundreds of pyrotechnic devices with microsecond repeatability and sub-millisecond sequencing. It can be used to deploy solar arrays, scientific instruments and many other devices used on satellites and spacecraft.
Smart Energetics Architecture (SEA™) bus-driver chip architecture enables interchangeable, independent multiple bus configurations minimizing Smart Initiator spares required and improving workflow. Additionally, the SEA controller can actuate non-pyro devices such as non-explosive actuators (NEA), motors and various other devices. Our sequencing system includes:
- Smart Energetics Architecture (SEA™) bus-driver chip enables interchangeable, independent buses minimizing Smart Initiator spares required and improving dispenser and assembly workflow
- Smart Controller card, a flexible/adaptable command interface between the vehicle and the network bus smart devices. Two may be included should redundancy be desired
- Permits firing of ordnance devices in any sequence – single, multiple simultaneous or sequential
- For safety, requires both an analog and digital condition to be met
- Cyclic Redundancy Code (CRC) also utilized to ensure command integrity and device firing by the intended method only