+5,000,000 Feet of Linear Shape Charge Produced Annually
PacSci EMC’s commitment to safety is consistently on display at our Hollister facility – a 39,000 square foot environmentally controlled linear formed explosives (LFE) production facility
PacSci EMC maximizes it’s linear explosive capabilities by maintaining strict adherence to federal, state, local and industry safety and environmental regulations. In fact, we have taken the lead to progressively replace our lead sheathed linear solutions with environmentally conscious materials. As a leader among linear shape charge manufacturers, PacSci EMC has the capabilities of loading high explosives, deflagration materials, time delay mixes and auto-ignition powders to support a variety of linear products.
The baseline linear formed explosives that PacSci EMC’s manufactures are provided below.
- Rapid Deflagrating Cord (RDC) is a metal clad linear explosive. It can be used in an explosive train to provide high or low energy pyro-stimulus.
- Mild Detonating Cord or Detonating Fuse (MDC/MDF) is metal clad linear explosive usually drawn or extruded in a round configuration providing a detonating output.
- Flexible or Linear Shaped Charge (FLSC/LSC) is a continuous explosive core encased in a seamless metal sheath formed into a chevron shape. With a detonating output, LSC provides a cut.
- Small Column Insulated Delay (SCID) consists of a thin column of deflagrating pyrotechnic encased in a protective metal jacket with external insulation utilized for PacSci EMC’s Time Delay Initiators.
- Heat Sensing Cord (HSC) consists of a thin column auto ignition material encased in a metal jacket. HSC can be used in a variety of applications that require sensing of a heat source (intended or not) resulting in an initiation of an event or series of events.
- Braiding (Wire, Cotton, Kevlar, Fiberglass) PacSci EMC is able to braid over linear products as well as any type of electrical or fiber optic cabling. This in-house capability allows for protective layers against impact, electro-magnetic pulse and the environment. It can also be used to confine detonation or deflagrating events, eliminating or minimizing the products of combustion.
Learn more about our linear shaped charges here.
For product specific questions or to obtain a Data Sheet, please contact email@example.com or call (888) 995-5015